The revised post will be a little less "pretty" as the baby will soon be up for her late night snack, and I need to be awake for the drive to class tomorrow evening :)
Last week we spent our class sharing the apps we had found and thought were worthy of sharing. And it sure was a valuable class! Some of my favorites were....
Grafio- great for making organizers, diagrams and a reasonable price of $8.99
Bone Scan Bob- only 99 cents and I think we were all loving Bob by the end of the demonstration!
3D Skellatal Anatomy $2.99 Also good for learning the parts of the body!
This is My Body- Anatomy for Kids- this one is free!!
Dragon Dictate- a voice recognition app that is faster than typing on a keyboard!
EduCreations-Turns the ipad into a recordable white board....also free!
After each class I become more convinced that every school should have an assistive technology specialists to support teachers and students select appropriate technologies.... however before convincing my school board to create a new position, I should probably work on scoring us a few ipads first....:)
So, tonight I will leave you with some Blue Collar Comedy....as crude as it might be..... some of this is undeniably true!!
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU’RE A TEACHER? By Jeff Foxworthy
- You get a secret thrill out of laminating things.
- You can hear 25 voices behind you and know exactly which one belongs to the child out of line.
- You walk into a store and hear the words, “It’s Ms./Mr. ____________ and know you have been spotted.
- You have 25 people who accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or another.
- You can eat a multi-course meal in under 25 minutes.
- You’ve trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day, lunch and planning period.
- You start saving other people’s trash, because most likely, you can use that toilet paper tube or plastic butter tub for something in the classroom.
- You believe the Teacher’s Lounge should be equipped with a margarita machine.
- You want to slap the next person who says, “Must be nice to work 7 to 3 and have summers off”.
- You believe chocolate is a food group.
- You can tell if it’s a full moon without ever looking outside.
- You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says, “Boy, the kids are sure mellow today.”
- You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their behavior when you are out in public.
- You believe in aerial spraying of Ritalin.
- You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
- You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own children.
- You can’t pass the school supply aisle without getting at least 5 items!
- You ask your friends to use their words and explain if the left hand turn he made was a “good choice” or “bad choice.”
- You find true beauty in a can full of perfectly sharpened pencils.
- You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer.
- You understand, instantaneously, why a child behaves in a certain way after meeting his/her parents.